Have you ever taken a trip through the Texas Hill Country? If not, you don’t know what you’re missing! Whether you’re from out of town or you live here in Hunt, TX, the surrounding areas are perfect for daytime country outings and entertaining nightlife activities. Where are the best places to visit in the Texas Hill Country? We narrowed the list down to our four favorites.
Our Top 4 Picks for the Best Places to Visit in the Texas Hill Country
There are so many things to do in the Texas Hill Country. It’s really difficult to narrow a list down to four of the best places to visit there. But we’ve worked hard to deliver just that to you. Here are our picks for the best places to visit.
1. For the Nature Lover: Enchanted Rock State National Area
Enchanted Rock is one of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful areas of Texas. This dome-shaped, granite rock formation is a climber’s dream, with views that will take your breath away. In addition to Enchanted Rock itself, visitors can hike trails, camp, bird watch, and much more.
2. For the Adventurer: Zip Lines
You can’t get much more adventurous than going zip lining high above the treetops. There are plenty of zip lining opportunities for adrenaline junkies. There are even courses for beginners that allow them to get their toes wet before taking the zip-lining plunge.
Another adventurer option is to go to a rodeo. Bandera is the ideal place to attend a rodeo; it is considered the cowboy capital of Texas, after all.
3. For the Extroverted People Person: Attend an Event
For those who love to be around other people, going to a social event in central Texas is ideal. And there are plenty to attend! For example:
- The Texas Music Revolution: an outdoor country music event in March.
- LaMardi Gras: get your fill of Cajun-style foods, beer, music, auctions, and even a casino.
- Charro Days Fiesta: a day filled with parades, dances, a ball, and a carnival.
- Texas Ranger Day: an event to honor Texas Rangers, this event is perfect for mingling, as well as eating some of the best Texas Bar-B-Q ever.
4. For the Music Lover: Upcoming Musical Events
There’s more to Texas than country music, though country does play a big role in the lifestyle of many Texans. Therefore, there are tons of musical options throughout the Texas Hill Country that will meet any musical preference.
- Live Music: Many restaurants throughout the area offer live musical entertainment. The music styles range from country and folk to jazz and rock.
- The Hill Country Jazz Festival: This year marks the twenty-fifth year of the jazz festival. It will take place on February 4 at the Texas State University campus. Not only will you get to hear great live jazz music, there will be contests, too. Recognition will go to the best Big Band, the best combos, and the best of the individual instrumentalists.
What Would You Like to See? Choosing the Best Places to Visit in the Texas Hill Country
When considering what you would like to see and do in this part of the world, it is best to first take into account your personal taste. Just because we love a particular area and consider it one of the best places to visit in the Texas Hill Country doesn’t mean you’ll feel the same way. That’s one reason why we tried to offer a variety in our list of the best places to visit and things to do there.
To determine where to go, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I want to experience a night out on the town?
- Do I want to plan a day trip to a beautiful country destination?
- Once I get to my destination, what do I want to do there: hike, bike, kayak, or swim?
- Do I feel like a lazy day with few distractions? Or, do I want a lot of external stimuli like lots of people to socialize with and great music to listen to?
Once you figure out what kind of excursion you want to take, you’ll be better equipped to choose a destination that will fill you with joy and satisfaction.
There Is Plenty to See and Do in the Texas Hill Country
Hunt, TX and the rest of Texas Hill Country are full of fun and exciting things to do and see. There’s no way you could ever possibly be bored in this beautiful part of the country. With the fun-filled nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, the locals’ intense love of music, and their Southern hospitality, you will find plenty of things to do in the Texas Hill Country.
Are you looking for things to do in the Texas Hill Country? Make sure to stop by The Hunt Store in Hunt, TX. We can provide you with the food, music, and fun you’ve been looking for!