Part of the fun of visiting a new place is experiencing the best restaurants and nightlife the city has to offer. There are twenty-five counties that make up Texas Hill Country. Therefore, when it comes to Texas Hill Country attractions, there are plenty to be had, no matter what your taste.
Texas Hill Country Attractions: Where to Go to Enjoy the Nightlife
Do you like music, dancing, great cocktails, and tasty Texas foods? If so, you need to know where the latest and greatest Texas Hill Country attractions are when it comes to nightlife. Here are some of our favorite places to have a good time.
- The Grist Mill Restaurant: This restaurant in New Braunfels is housed in what used to be a cotton gin. They have a full bar (with incredible margaritas!) and regularly scheduled live musical events. Plus, the food is pretty fantastic. Patrons can eat huge steaks, juicy hamburgers, plus salads and appetizers on the outside deck.
- Albert Ice House & Dance Hall: If you want beer, barbecue, and dancing, the Albert Ice House & Dance Hall is the place for you. Patrons can get some of the best barbecue in Texas, plus they can play horseshoes, dominoes, and dance to live music.
- Crossroads Saloon & Steakhouse: Prime cuts of steak, delectable seafood, and homemade desserts are just the tip of the iceberg. Crossroads offers live music and dancing, and the fun doesn’t stop at midnight during the weekend. Some of the best musical talents Texas has to offer have performed here. And if you aren’t into dancing, that’s ok. Crossroads offers televisions so you can watch the latest games while you eat your meal or drink your adult beverage at the bar.
- Silver Creek Beer Garden & Grill: According to AARP, this is one of the best places to experience the Texas nightlife. Enjoy live Blues music every Monday night and live music all day every Friday. There’s even an open mic night on Sundays. In addition to the entertainment, Silver Creek Beer Garden & Grill has a full bar and a delicious mix of German and Texas dishes.
Must-Visit Places in Texas: The Best Texas Food You Will Ever Try
For those of you who are simply looking for an exceptional place to eat, these are our must-visit places in Texas to get a great meal.
- Blue Bonnet Café: If mile-high meringue is something that tempts you, you need to go to Blue Bonnet Café. According to Zagat.com, this restaurant is one of the best places to get a meal within driving distance of Austin. Soups are made from scratch every day and they also hold a Pie Happy Hour weekday afternoons. In addition to their amazing soups and pies, patrons can get Smoked Chicken, Chicken and Dumplings, and Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas. Blue Bonnet Café is the perfect place to get some down-home Southern cooking.
- Huisache Grill: For those of a more contemporary nature, Huisache Grill is a wonderful place to try. Located 45 miles from Austin, this restaurant serves high-class cuisine like fried Brie with a raspberry chipotle sauce and Basil Grilled Chicken Breast. In addition to the amazing cuisine, patrons can check out the wine bar with some of the best red, white, and bubbly options in town.
- August E’s: August E’s is a Top Five pick of Fodors.com. This restaurant serves farm-to-table dishes and every Tuesday guests are presented with delectable Thai cuisine. The “average” cuisine here ranges from local wild game to more exotic game options. August E’s also has their own award-winning wine book so you can find the perfect wine for your meal.
The Best Food and Nightlife Attractions: Where to Start
In our opinion, one of the best places to get great Texas food is at The Hunt Store in Hunt, Texas. Of course, we’re just a little bit partial, but The Hunt Store in Hunt, Texas has so much to offer those who visit us. We have some of the most delicious appetizers, entrées, and wines in our café.
Imagine a dinner here with friends or your significant other: seafood enchiladas, chicken fried steak, or wild game stuffed pork tenderloin. Pair your dish with white or red wine, or even champagne. We guarantee you that a dinner with us will be a lovely and memorable experience.
Texas Hill Country Attractions: Great Food and Fun Experiences
There are so many fun and interesting Texas Hill Country attractions. Even someone who has lived in Texas Hill Country all their life likely isn’t aware of all of their options. Whether you have lived here forever or are visiting for the first time, take advantage of all Texas Hill Country has to offer: fun experiences, great music, fabulous food, and amazing people.
Are you ready to experience the fun nightlife that can be found in Texas Hill Country? Make sure you stop by The Hunt Store for some of the best music, food, and hospitality in Hunt, TX.